Listed below are ranges of short and long-term position vacancies at UNOPS for a range of roles in various locations around the world. To apply for a vacancy, please click on the position of your interest to view details on the job website. Continue reading “59 Short and Long-term Job Vacancies at UNOPS”
Over 70 international and national job vacancies are available at the University of Melbourne, Australia. Click on each position for details and to apply on the job website. Continue reading “Over 70 International and National Job Vacancies at the University of Melbourne, Australia”
The United Nations has 192 internship vacancies. Click on each opportunity for details and to apply on the job website. Continue reading “192 United Nations Internship Vacancies”
Oxfam branches across the world have over 40 active job vacancies. Click on each opportunity for details and to apply on the job website. Continue reading “Over 40 Job Opportunities with Oxfam Affiliates”
When Jack Ma visited Africa in 2017, he saw a continent facing many of the same challenges that Alibaba had managed to overcome in the last 15 years in China. eCommerce operations flanked by payments, logistics, tourism and big data platforms are starting to take shape and create value in unique markets across Africa and the rest of the developing world. Continue reading “eFounders Fellowship – Alibaba Business School”
There are over 80 Job vacancies at UNOPs. Click on each for details and to apply on the job’s website. Continue reading “Over 80 New Vacancies at UNOPS Worldwide”
ECFR’s Middle East and North Africa (MENA) programme gathers four policy fellows and seven visiting fellows, working across Europe and the region. They produce papers providing concrete policy recommendations, and are in constant interaction with high-level officials, policy-makers, and researchers. The programme’s goal is to identify opportunities for European governments to facilitate value-driven political solutions and help stabilize conflict-ridden and fragile states in the Middle East and North Africa. Continue reading “Intern – Middle East & North Africa (MENA) Programme at European Council on Foreign Relations”
OSIEA plays an active role in encouraging open, informed dialogue on issues of importance in Eastern Africa. Through a combination of grant making, advocacy and convening power, OSIEA is able to support and amplify the voices of pro-democracy organizations and individuals in the region and to strengthen their capacity to hold their governments accountable. This includes efforts to defend and support rights activists and pro-democracy advocates who come under attack for their work. Continue reading “Open Society Initiative for Eastern Africa”
The purpose of the Guest Researchers’ Scholarship Programme is to provide opportunities for Africa-based researchers with a PhD to pursue their own research projects, thereby indirectly strengthening the academic milieux in African countries. The scholarship offers access to the Institute’s library and other resources that provide for a stimulating research environment. Through the programme, the Nordic Africa Institute can establish and maintain relations with and between African and Nordic research communities. Continue reading “Guest Researchers’ Scholarship Programme – Nordic Africa Institute”
Calling all journalists from the Least Developed Countries
The United Nations Office of the High Representative for Least Developed Countries, Landlocked Developing Countries and Small Island Developing States (UN-OHRLLS) is looking for inspiring stories on how sustainable energy positively impacts communities and individuals in the world’s Least Developed Countries. Continue reading “Funded 2018 UN-OHRLLS Story Competition”
What are the SEED Awards?
The SEED Awards for Entrepreneurship in Sustainable Development is an annual awards scheme designed to find the most promising, innovative and locally led start-up eco-inclusive enterprises in countries with developing and emerging economies. The independent SEED International Jury of experts selects enterprises which have the potential to make real improvements in poverty eradication and environmental sustainability while contributing to a greener economy. Continue reading “2018 SEED Low Carbon Awards”
Institute of Sociology, Psychology and Humanitarian Sciences of the Department of Sociology of Medicine, Health Economics and Medical Insurance seeks multiple postdoctoral researchers to join our research team to conduct research projects and research-scientific jobs together with world-renowned scolars in the field of medical sociology, sociology of health, sociology of illness. To share their knowlages in the field of modern methods of sociological researches. Continue reading “Multiple PostDoc Positions – Modern Methods of Sociological Researches – Russia, Moscow”
Why join the course?
This course introduces a case study showing how Marks & Spencer has been a key innovator in fashion, introducing new fabrics that make our lives easier and more comfortable.
You will see how M&S continues to drive innovation to bring consumers new and better products. You will also consider your own clothing and its innovation story, research how a favourite item of clothing is the result of innovative developments in the industry and share your findings with other learners.
What topics will you cover?
- An overview of innovation: defining different types and levels
- Case study: incremental innovation at M&S
- Innovation in fashion advertising
- Fashion innovation outside the retail industry
- How to create an educational video
Why join the course?
This course has been designed and developed by experts from The Careers Service here at The University of Sheffield to help you to write successful applications, whether you are applying for jobs or planning to study at university or college.
Over the three weeks, we’ll look at different parts of the application process. We’ll help you to understand the skills you have gained through work experience and your studies and show you how you can match them to job advertisements or course requirements.
We’ll share top tips with you to help you write exceptional applications, CVs (or résumés), covering letters and personal statements and provide insight from employers and admissions tutors on what they look for in candidates. We’ll go on to help you examine your digital footprint and develop a professional profile online.
The course is highly participative and includes articles for you to read, videos to watch and interactive material to help you master the art of application and CV writing. There will also be discussions where you can learn from and support each other, self-reflective exercises and quizzes. Throughout the course you’ll be encouraged to collect a portfolio of your work which will help you with future applications.
By the end of the three weeks we hope you will have the confidence to apply for your dream job or course. And once you’ve written that perfect application, why not check out our next course: How to Succeed at: Interviews.
Once you’re ready to find out how to survive your first days in a new job, you can also join our course How to Succeed in the Global Workplace, this course was produced in collaboration with The British Council.
You can find out more in Pamela Hafekost’s post for the FutureLearn blog: “How to get that dream job or course.”
Monash University invites students from all countries who have received an offer from Monash or who are currently enrolled with the university to apply for the Monash International Merit Scholarship. As a scholarship recipient, you will receive $10,000 per annum for the duration of your degree.
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- Australian student visa holder
You must meet the following criteria:
- Current students must achieve a weighted average mark of 85+
- Intending to enrol full-time in undergraduate or postgraduate (coursework) degree at a Monash campus in Australia.
- For commencing students, you must have received a Monash offer.
- For current students, you must have completed a minimum of two semesters in Australia
- Current students enrolled in the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (Honours) course or the Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine (MD) course must have completed at least three semesters.
- Note: You are not eligible to apply for this scholarship if you:
- Are studying Year 12 in Australia. You may be eligible for the Monash International Scholarship for Excellence.
- Are commencing in the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (Honours) course or the Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine (MD). You will need to complete three semesters and apply as a current student.
- $10,000 per annum (48 credit points of study) paid per year until the minimum number of points for your degree is completed.
- Commencing undergraduate students will be invited to apply for a place in Monash Minds, a leadership program for first-year students.
31 per year
- Based on academic achievement.
- Current students must have achieved a minimum weighted average mark of 85
- Students will also be assessed on their scholarship application statement (500 words), and their potential to be an ambassador for Monash University.
- Preference will be given to commencing students.
To retain this scholarship:
- You must maintain a distinction average (70% or above) each semester.
- You will be required to participate in at least three Marketing and/or Scholarship promotional activities, which include attending official scholarship functions and participating in marketing activities and networking events.
How to apply
- You must submit a separate application form for this scholarship (due dates below).
- Before applying for this scholarship, you must have received a full Monash course offer with no conditions.
- Can be deferred within the same calendar year only.
- Do not submit supporting documentation with your application – this will not be considered.
|Selection round and closing date||Commencement|
|Round one: 15 October||Semester one or two of the following year|
|Round two: 15 November||Semester one or two of the following year|
|Round three: 15 January||Semester one or two of the current year|
|Round four: 15 March||Semester two of the current year|
|Round five: 15 April||Semester two of the current year|
|Round six: 15 May||Semester two of the current year|
Chinese University Postgraduate Program Scholarship is sponsored by the Chinese Government, it is a full scholarship for designated Chinese universities and certain provincial education offices in specific provinces or autonomous regions to recruit outstanding international students for graduate studies in China.
1. Supporting Categories: This scholarship only supports graduate students.
2. Duration: This scholarship only supports master’s students for no more than 3 academic years or doctoral students for no more than 4 academic years. The scholarship covers both major study and Chinese language/preparatory study, as specified in the Admission Letter.
3. Instruction Language: Scholarship students can register for either Chinese-taught program or English-taught program if applicable.
4. Scholarship Coverage: The program provides a full scholarship which covers tuition waiver, accommodation, living allowance, and comprehensive medical insurance.
Eligibility for Application
1. Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health.
2. The requirements for applicants’ degree and age are that applicants must:
Be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for the master’s programs;
Be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for the doctoral programs.
Master programs given in English:
1) International Business
3) LL.M. (Master of Laws)
4) Regional Economics
5) MPA (Master of Public Administration)
Application Documents (in duplicate)
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (written in Chinese or English)
Please visit (from January 2018) http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.org and click “Application Online” to log in, submit online the completed “Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship” and print a hard copy. The Agency Number of SUFE is 10272. (Only applicants who put SUFE at the first-choice university place will be considered by our admission office.)
2. Notarized highest diploma
Prospective diploma recipients must submit official document issued by your current school to prove your current student status or expected graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
3. Academic transcripts (written in Chinese or English)
Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
4. A Study Plan or Research Proposal (written in Chinese or English)
This should be a minimum of 800 words.
5. Two Recommendation Letters (written in Chinese or English)
Applicants must submit two recommendation letters signed by a professor or an associate professor.
6. Foreigner Physical Examination Form (photocopy)
Written in English,can be downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or http://www.campuschina.org The physical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form.Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
7. Prove of Language Proficiency
The copy of valid HSK level 5 or 6 Certificate (if you are applying for a Chinese-given program) or the copy of IELTS/TOEFL result (if your are applying for an English-given program while you are not a native speaker)
8. The copy of your valid passport
When will the final result turn out?
SUFE will evaluate all application materials and determine the final list of enrollment. Applicants may be informed to participate an (face to face / internet) interview if necessary. The list of the scholarship candidates will be approved by CSC, and in late May or in early June SUFE will contact the scholarship winners and send them the admission package by post.
You should send TWO sets of bound application documents to Shanghai University of Finance and Economics (SUFE) by post before March 31st, 2018. No application documents will be returned.
If you have further questions, please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org