IIEP develops sustainable educational capacity through training professionals in educational planning and management, evidence-based research and knowledge sharing and technical assistance to ministries of education and other institutions.
Through its thematic resource portals, IIEP helps support communities of practice with resources and opportunities, to inform, advocate, mobilize, and promote behavioural change, and acts as an ‘honest broker’ of competing ideas, approaches, emerging theories, and a wide spectrum of viewpoints. Through these niche platforms, IIEP is often ahead of the curve on many education related issues, including improving learning, reducing corruption in education, work and social inclusion, education resilience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Based within the Research and Development team, the intern will support the continued development and improvement of IIEP’s thematic portals, including but not limited to, the IIEP Learning Portal, the HIV and Health Education Clearinghouse, and the Education for Safety, Resilience and Social Cohesion portal.
- Support for background research, bibliographies and literature overviews on key learning issues;
- Assist with preparation of short blog articles for the IIEP Learning Portal;
- Assist with the identification of key resources for inclusion in the portals;
- Participate in the development of benchmarking exercises on IIEP’s thematic portals;
- Assist with the updating of portal content as required.
- Student currently enrolled on a Master’s degree programme in education and development or related area;
- Excellent knowledge of English or French and very good knowledge of the other working language;
- Excellent writing and analytical skills;
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment;
- A general understanding of education and development issues.
CONDITIONS OF INTERNSHIP
- Unpaid internship (3 to 4 months) between May and September;
- Internship location: IIEP, Paris, France;
- Travel costs to Paris not covered by IIEP;
- Lunch tickets provided by IIEP (valid only at the IIEP cafeteria);
- Reimbursement by IIEP of Metro transportation upon presentation of receipts.
Please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Internship Thematic Portals”.