The Center for Global Development (CGD), an independent, non-partisan, non-profit policy research organization in Washington, DC seeks an intern to provide research and administrative support to CGD Senior Fellow Liliana Rojas-Suarez. Key areas of focus include financial regulation, financial inclusion and international macroeconomics, especially in context of emerging market economies.
The Intern will support Senior Fellow Rojas-Suarez in a broad array of functions.
- Conduct background research, literature reviews, data compilation and analysis for various research projects, reports and presentations
- Writing and editing support
- Assist with setting up high-level meetings and telephone conferences
- Perform other duties as necessary
The Successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Demonstrated interest in financial regulation, financial inclusion and international macroeconomics
- Currently completing their final year in Bachelors program, or enrolled in a Master’s Program, ideally in economics, finance, development studies, or a related field
- Attention to detail and experience managing datasets
- Outstanding communications and writing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team
- Ability to work independently within a small, closely-knit organization
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Significant knowledge of Latin American economies is a plus
$14 per hour, commensurate with education and experience. The internship will be for a maximum of 25 hours per week, for a period not to exceed six months.
CGD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age or sexual orientation shall have equal access to positions, limited only by their ability to do the job.