Picture yourself at The University of Melbourne in 2020!
Only Indigenous Australians are eligible to apply as this position is exempt under the Special Measure Provision, Section 12 (1) of the Equal Opportunity Act 2011 (Vic).
Job no: 000003
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: Multiple Locations
About the program
MIPEP is a two-year employment development opportunity for Indigenous Australians. Participants will receive on-the-job training for various systems and processes as well as completion of a nationally recognized Diploma in Business in the first year.
For more information about MIPEP, visit: https://murrupbarak.unimelb.edu.au/#employment
To be successful in this role you will:
– Be enthusiastic and committed about developing your career at the University of Melbourne
– Enjoy working as part of a team
– Have effective written and verbal communication skills
– Hold strong interpersonal skills
– Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
– Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
– The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
– A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well-established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
Throughout its reconciliation journey, the University of Melbourne has maintained a strong track record of following through with its RAP commitments and building meaningful partnerships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and communities. To find out more about reconciliation at the University of Melbourne see https://about.unimelb.edu.au/reconciliation
Position Description: please note the revised document attached which contains revised times lines.
How to apply
Please do not apply via the University website. Applications are being managed externally by AFL SportsReady. For more information about the duties and responsibilities, selection criteria and recruitment process, please see the AFL SportsReady job board:
PLEASE NOTE the application close date has been extended.