The Violence Prevention and Response Team is looking for a Communications Intern who will work closely with the Sr. Technical Director and with technical staff across our team. This is an excellent opportunity to expose yourself to a wide range of technical programs led by one of the leading INGOs in the humanitarian field and acquire first-hand experience in communications and programs.
Requisition ID: req4979
Job Title: Communications Intern
Sector: Violence Prevention and Response
Employment Category: Intern
Employment Type: Part-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: New York, NY HQ USA
- Assist with the development of internal and external communications products such as factsheets, newsletters, social media and website content, blog posts, etc.
- Working on specific projects as assigned, such as support for
creation ofa communications plan/strategy for the 30 year anniversary of the Convention on the Rights of the Child among others.
- Support with other tasks as needed
- Understand operations and communications functions within an INGO.
- Gain targeted NGO communication and advocacy skills.
- Acquire logistics and event-planning skills.
- Learn how to manage websites and social media
- Ability to work independently and productively in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly organized with the ability to be flexible, multi-task and detail-oriented in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent and concise oral and written communications skills
- Comms experience, including in Photoshop and other editing and design strategies
- Professional attitude and ability to work with remote-based colleagues
- Flexible and calm work attitude: the ability to respond effectively to changing environments yet remain productive and focused
- Demonstrated computer skills: proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Preferably a student in their last year of undergrad and graduate students with background in Communications.
- This internship is unpaid
- Schedule can be flexible, but a commitment of at least 16-20 hours per week is expected
- Applications accepted on a rolling basis
- Fluent in English, additional language skills would be an asset
Working Environment: Standard office work environment