The Fulbright-Nokia Distinguished Chair in Information and Communications Technologies offers a unique opportunity for an American scholar to engage in an international research collaboration. The Chair position is available for scholars and specialists in Information and Communications Technologies and includes research and lecturing at a higher education institution in Finland.
The Fulbright Distinguished Chair position is viewed as among the most prestigious appointments both in the Fulbright Scholar Program as well as by the Nokia Foundation. The Chair is able to engage in a variety of professional activities, such as:
- research collaboration in an international environment,
- writing joint publications with Finnish colleagues,
- teaching and lecturing,
- mentoring student research at the master and doctoral level,
- developing international exchange collaboration between the American home and Finnish host institution, and
- a brief lecture visit to another European country through the Inter-Country Travel Grant program.
The scholar and the Finnish host institution work together in designing the Chair position activities.
The Fulbright-Nokia Distinguished Chair in Information and Communications Technologies is funded by the Nokia Foundation and the Finnish Fulbright Commission, the Fulbright Center.
How to apply
To apply and for more information, visit the Fulbright site:
The application period for the academic year 2020-2021 ends on September 16, 2019.