All awards are fully-funded by the Urban Studies Foundation; and according to our aims and objectives to advance academic research, education, and knowledge mobilisation in the field of urban studies.
Eligibility: Applicants must have obtained a PhD within the preceding five years and they must be demonstrably involved in Urban Studies research, with a credible programme of future Urban Studies research and scholarship.
Requirements: Applicants must have developed their application in close association with a mentor from the potential host institution, and the application form requires input from the applicant, the mentor and the host institution.
Terms: The Urban Studies Foundation will undertake to pay an annual award to the host institution of successful applicants, which should meet both the salary agreed between the applicant and the host institution and additional research expenses.
Submission: Completed applications must be submitted electronically to Joe Shaw at email@example.com no later than 21st October 2019. The application must include:
- Completed application form: a MS Word version of this application form will be available on the USF website, containing a number of fields to be completed by the applicant, by the mentor and by the proposed host institution.
- Outline of proposed programme of Urban Studies research to be undertaken by the Fellow: the applicant should elaborate on their contribution and commitment to Urban Studies, and provide details of their proposed research programme.
- 3-page CV listing academic achievements and publications.
- Copy of PhD award letter or some equivalent document that can confirm the veracity and date of the applicant’s PhD award.
- Two academic references: if shortlisted for interview, it will be the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that their two referees (at least one of whom should have acted as their PhD supervisor) are prepared to send blind letters of recommendation to the USF (if requested) by 29th November 2019.
- Completed equality and diversity monitoring form.
Applicants seeking clarifications on the further particulars and terms of this award should contact Joe Shaw, USF Director of Operations, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further particulars and the application form for this award can be downloaded below.
Scholars & Careers is an independent and voluntary service to humanity. Please support us from as little as $1 to help continue to freely circulate information on vacancies and opportunities and decrease the number of advertisements on the website. CLICK HERE TO DONATE