Do you want to work to advance the implementation of Sustainable Development Goals?Do you want to fight poverty and ensure sustainable development?
Do you want to lead change and develop your skills to do so?
|Location :||UNDP at Headquarters in New York or in a regional or country office|
|Application Deadline :||01-Aug-19 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Type of Contract :||Other|
|Post Level :||Other|
|Languages Required :||Arabic English French Portuguese|
|Starting Date :
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||One-year Fellowship|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||One-year Fellowship|
|This exciting partnership aims to build a new generation of young African women leaders and experts to serve Africa and the world in designing and implementing development programmes in the context of the SDGs and Agenda 2063.
We are looking for 20 young African women who are ready to take up a fellowship assignment for 12 months starting from October 2019.
Please check the following websites for more information about UNDP
Appel au candidatures Programme de bourses UA-PNUD pour les jeunes femmes expertes africaines
Nous sommes à la recherche de jeunes talents féminins pour mener à bien l’ Agenda 2030 du développement durable.
Duties and Responsibilities
|Assignment and conditions
The African Young Women Leaders Fellowship Programme offers an interesting assignment with UNDP at Headquarters in New York or in a regional or country office.
Following a joint induction by AUC and UNDP, Fellows will work under the supervision and coaching of an experienced UNDP people manager and will participate in a mentorship and transformative leadership development training programme jointly developed by AUC and UNDP.
Key areas of work relate to supporting:
· collection and analysis of information on SDGs and Agenda 2063
· SDG implementation and experimentation
· promising areas of innovation, South-South and Tri-lateral collaboration, partnerships and resource mobilisation that accelerate UNDP’s programme implementation
The Fellowship Programme will cover expenses related to travel and medical insurance. In addition, each Fellow will be paid a stipend to cover accommodation and living costs at the respective duty station.
To be considered for the African Young Women Leaders Fellowship Programme, applicants must meet the following requirements:
· National of an AU Member State
· Aged below 34 years at the date of application
· Hold a Master’s degree or equivalent in Economics, Political Science, Business Administration, International Relations/Development, or other relevant fields
· Maximum 1 year of working experience in research, analysis and programme/project development, implementation and management
· Available in 2019/20 to dedicate 12 months for a fellowship programme and available to participate in an induction workshop in Addis Ababa from October 2019.
· Willing to live and work outside their country of residence
· Proficiency in at least one AU working language (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese) and working knowledge of English
· Understanding of, and interest in, poverty eradication, sustainable structural transformation, the SDGs and Africa’s Agenda 2063
· Capacity to gather comprehensive information on complex problems or situations, evaluating information accurately, analysing and identifying key issues and solutions
· initiative, client-orientation, and working in teams, and complex and time-pressured contexts, field experience in an African country
· experience in developing technical proposals
· leadership, innovation and technology and setting up networks/hubs/hangouts
Required Skills and Experience
The deadline for applications is 1 August 2019.
Your application must be in English and must include include the following (to be scanned and uploaded as one document):
· A detailed CV
· A one page motivation letter highlighting why you would be an outstanding candidate, your strengths and how your participation in the Programme would contribute to your future career
· A short essay of not more than 1,500 words (3 pages single spaced) detailing your innovative solution to a complex development problem – youth unemployment. Describe the nature of the problem, what are the underlying causes, who is responsible for solving this problem, what your innovative solution is and how you would implement it.
· Copies of your academic degrees
· 2 professional references
Applications which do not include the above documents will not be taken into consideration.
Please note that only longlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted by 1 September, your application has not been included into the long-list of candidates.
Longlisted candidates will be invited to a video-interview and if successful will be included into a roster.
Short-listed candidates will be invited for a follow-up interview with the hosting UNDP headquarters or regional office.
We will make an offer to the 20 most successful and talented candidates to join the African Women Leaders Fellowship Programme.
|UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
|REFER A FRIEND APPLY NOW|