As part of the ACU’s commitment to supporting Commonwealth efforts to build climate resilience, these scholarships will provide opportunities for the next generation to develop solutions to climate change.
- 2 Climate Resilience Scholarships are available in Fiji, starting in January-February 2020
These awards are only open to applicants from the Caribbean.
The following universities are participating:
Fiji National University (FNU) will be hosting 1 award – the following course is available:
- Master’s degree in Interdisciplinary Studies in Climate Change Resilience and Mitigation
The minimum entry requirement for admission to this course is a Bachelor’s degree in a related subject, with a minimum GPA of 3.67 on a 5-point scale (lower second class or above), or equivalent.
Applicants who do not meet the requirement, but can demonstrate their ability to succeed in programmes at this level on the basis of maturity, work experience, and/or prior learning may also be admitted to the Master’s degree programme. In this instance, the Director of the Programme may place any relevant prerequisite requirement for such a student to progress or require such an applicant to sit for any specific or general examination as a prerequisite for any such enrolment, or may restrict enrolment only to certain prescribed courses that must be passed to progress further.
The University of the South Pacific (USP) will be hosting 1 award – the following course is available:
- Master’s degree in Climate Change
To apply you must be a citizen of (or hold refugee status in) a Commonwealth country other than the country hosting the award.
You must have completed an undergraduate degree at a 2:1 equivalent level (or to the level required by the postgraduate course)
How to apply for a Climate Resilience QECS in Fiji
Applications are open until Wednesday 26 June and must be completed online. Please follow the below steps to complete your application.
1) Make sure that you have the following documentation to upload to your application:
- High school certificate
- Undergraduate transcript (and graduation certificate)
- Two references – preferably academic
- Scan of passport or national ID card
- Proof of English language ability if English is not your first language
2) Complete a QECS application online here
3) Submit a separate application for admission to your chosen course. For FNU you will need to submit an application for admission at the same time as for scholarship
If you have any questions about applying for the university courses, please contact the universities directly: