Who can apply?
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- convincing research project
- social and liberal-minded problem awareness and engagement
- funding is not provided for doctoral students in the fields of human medicine and dentistry, or for postdoctoral programmes, postgraduate courses or PhDs in the final phase
- a knowledge of German is essential
- law students are not permitted to interrupt their PhD to do their legal clerkship
What form does funding take?
The main scholarship benefits are as follows:
- basic stipend for international doctoral students: 1,200 euros per month
- duration of funding: scholarships are initially approved for a period of one year, upon application, they can be extended twice, each time for a further year
- academic and personal support throughout the doctoral programme
- workshops, training courses and seminars are provided in academic and competence-based areas
When is the closing date for applications?
The next closing date for applications is 30 April 2019.