In order to promote friendship and understanding between people in China and abroad, and develop communication and cooperation in aspects of politics, economics, culture and education, Chinese government set Chinese Government Scholarship to support excellent students, teachers and scholars to study in China. Northeast Agricultural University is one of the 279 universities which are responsible for educating Chinese Government Scholarship students, and currently there are nearly 200 international students are enjoying different programs of Chinese Governments Scholarship here.
Northeast Agricultural University (hereinafter referred to as NEAU), located in the city of Harbin, is a key level university of Heilongjiang province and included in the national “211 Project” and the First-class discipline construction universities in China. NEAU comprises 17 colleges and 1 teaching department. There are 10 post-doctoral research stations, 2 post-doctoral work stations, 10 first level PhD disciplines, 22 first level master disciplines, 1 PhD professional degree, 10 master professional degrees and 71 undergraduate majors, covering the disciplines of Agronomy, Engineering, Science, Economics, Management, laws and Arts.
Applicants shall submit the written application materials and apply online (http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or www.campuschina.org , then click Application Online, the Recruitment Agencies Code of NEAU is 10224, Program Category is B) and send the application material to NEAU before March 31th next year.
1) Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens.
2) Applicants should be in healthy physical condition.
3) Education background and age limit:
– Applicants for master degree studies must have bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
– Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
4) Excellent achievement in your study
5) Comparative good ability in research
6) Applicants do not gain any other scholarship
- Application Materials
The applicants must fill in and provide the following materials truly and correctly (in duplicate).The applicants shall download the Application Form after application online through http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or www.campuschina.org and stamp a two inch photo on the form and should leave signature in the required blank.
1) Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (printed by CSC), the original document and a copy, filled in Chinese or in English.
2) Highest diploma (notarized photocopy). If applicants are university students, they shall provide pre-graduation certificates. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
3) Applicants for graduate studies are required to provide undergraduate transcripts. Applicants for doctoral studies need to provide undergraduate transcripts and graduate transcripts. Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
4) A study or research plan in Chinese or in English (no less than 800 words).
5) Applicants for master and doctoral degree studies must submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English by professors or associate professors.
6) Published academic papers and academic achievements (not compulsory).
7) A copy of HSK certificate (not compulsory).
8) A copy of the passport.
9) Digital ID photo with white background (in .jpg version, and send to email@example.com in the name of your passport No.)
10) Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form filled in English. The medical examinations results are valid for 6 months. All applicants are kindly requested to take this factor into consideration while determining the time to take this medical examination.
11)Acceptance letter from a supervisor (not compulsory)
The above materials should directly reach the International Exchange Division of NEAU. The application material would not be sent back whether the applicant is enrolled or not.
- Categories of Applicants and Duration of Remedial Chinese Language Course
|Categories of applicants||Duration of major study||Duration of Chinese language courses|
|Master degree students||3||1|
|Doctoral degree students||3||1|
The lessons will be taught in Chinese. Students whose HSK doesn’t meet the requirement need to take Chinese language courses for one year ahead of the major study. And the duration of Scholarship will be lengthened by extra one year for the students who need to learn Chinese.
- Details of the Scholarship
1). Exempt from registration fee, tuition fee, and fee for accommodation on campus;
2). Fee for Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Benefit Plan for International Students in China.
3). Monthly living allowance is paid to the students by the host institution at the following rates (CNY Yuan per month):
Master degree students: CNY 3,000 Yuan
Doctoral degree students: CNY 3,500 Yuan
4). NEAU provides free accommodation for Chinese Government Scholarship students, 2 bachelor students shall live in one room, 1 doctoral student or master student shall live in one room.
1) Costs of the laboratory experiment or internship that beyond the university’s arrangements should be afforded by the student himself.
2) Fee for basic learning materials covers the necessary learning materials prescribed by the host institution, and other materials shall be self afforded.
3) Scholarship students shall get their monthly living allowance from the date of registration. Chinese Government Scholarship students who enjoy monthly living allowance should register in International Students Office according to monthly notice, so that to ensure the getting of living allowance.
4) Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Benefit Plan for International Students in China is provided by MOE for the scholarship students in China in case of hospitalizing for serious diseases and accidental injuries.
- Approval and Notification
1).NEAU will review all the application materials and NEAU is authorized to make necessary adjustments on the specialties and duration of study.
2). NEAU can decide student’s category and admission standard of international students who apply the master or doctor education. If prior Chinese study or other preparatory education is needed, students should pass related examinations during prior education period, otherwise he will not be allowed to start major study.
3).Applicants are encouraged to contact the departments and supervisors prior to application and please enclose the relevant admission or recommendation letter if there is. (refer to the appendix: Chinese Government Scholarship Degree Programs).
4).Scholarship applicants accepted by NEAU of higher education will be officially awarded the Chinese Government Scholarship with endorsement from CSC and submitted to MOEC for the record.
5).Students are not permitted, in principle, to change their specialties, departments, or the duration of study specified in the Admission Notice after registration.
6).Students are not permitted to transfer to another school after registration.
7).NEAU will send the Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) to relevant students or relevant universities by August 15, so as to have these documents forwarded to the awards.
8). New Chinese Government Scholarship students should register before the deadline. Anyone who is unable to register on time should prove his or her reasonable reason and offer related certification, and ensure to get permission from the International Students Office of International Exchange Division. Otherwise, he or she will voluntarily give up the scholarship after two weeks.
9). International student during her pregnancy period shall not be enrolled, and the costs of the international traveling expenses will be afforded by the student herself.
10). International student who is diagnosed as suffering from disease that are not permitted to enter China under Chinese laws and regulations will be required to leave China (suffering from mental disorder, leprosy, AIDS,venereal diseases, contagious tuberculosis or other infectious diseases). University will not enroll the student. The costs of the international traveling expenses will be afforded by the student himself.
- Enrollment majors
Prefer to the Chinese Government Scholarship Degree Programs.
1). Once any cheating or concealing act is found in the application procedure, the application will be refused immediately and the scholarship qualification will be taken back as well. The cheating action will be reported to China Scholarship Council and Chinese Ministry of Education as records.
2). The accepted students have to take part in the annual review in accordance with the Measures
For the Annual Review of Chinese Government Scholarship Status. The details of Annual Review include performances (including the examination or checkup results of all courses in the first term and the general performances in the second term of this academic year), attitude towards study, attendance, conducts, rewards and punishments received.
9. Contact NEAU
Post Address: International Students Office 511, International Exchange Division, Northeast Agricultural University, No.600 Changjiang Road, Xiangfang District, Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province, P. R. China