The Inuka Fellowship for African Women 2019 is tailor made for women like you! Give yourself the opportunity to disconnect from the hustle and bustle of life. Reconnect with yourself through a powerful 3 – day self development program that will leave you transformed, strengthened, and refreshed.
The program is a retreat like platform created for the rising women of Africa. This unique event will be hosted in Rwanda in a serene location away from the busy motion of life. Through the program, you will get to form bonds with fellow African women; support each other on a deep journey of inner self discovery and master emotional intelligence through the practice of meditation and mindfulness with the individual commitment to sustainable world peace.
- Empower participants with tools to discover their inner selves and find inner peace through meditation.
- Inspire participants to pursue a rewarding road to self-development and self-empowerment that will help them realize their inner strength and achieve their life goals
- Inspire artistic expression of individuality, develop self-esteem and maintain focus among the participants.
- Create the network of like-minded African women leaders working for peaceful and prosperous region. The network will facilitate learning, promote cultural and human understanding, and knowledge sharing among the participants.
The Inuka Fellowship for African Women 2019 is a robust 3-day training program that is tailor made to transform participants through the practice of meditation and mindfulness. The program fuses the practice of meditation with personal development and a deep focus on building a strong fulfilling mental well-being for individuals.
Participants are accorded the opportunity to leave the program with a clear understanding of the relationship between inner peace and sustainable world peace with the starting point of equipping them with the ability to create peace within their lives, families and communities.
The fellowship will also maintain a focus on the empowerment of the African Women giving unique attention to the various challenges faced by women in the African continent and also giving powerful tools on how best to tackle them such as:
Emotional Intelligence Self-awareness
- The power of focus
- Stress management
- Conflict resolution
- Non-violent communication
- Habitual Development and Self- Discipline
- Developing mental endurance and increased productivity
- Buddhist Studies (philosophical approach)
- Local Transportation within the host country
- Partial or Full airfare sponsorship from home country
- Visa costs
- Personal expenses
- Candidates must be 22- 35 years old at the time of submitting the application to be eligible for sponsorship.
- Candidates must have a good proficiency in written and spoken English language
- Candidates should be optimistic, open -minded, show leadership potential, and have a genuine interest in peace
- Candidates must have submitted their formal application by 14th April 2019
- Candidates must have completed the 21 days of self development program to be eligible for interview. After the interview, candidates will be required to complete the remaining 21 days of Self Development Program to be considered for the fellowship.
Selection criteria include:
- Completion of at least 21 days of the online self-development programme.
- Show of interest in meditation and self-development
- Even distribution of participant from the eligible countries
- Likelihood to benefit from participation in the program and to contribute to world peace
- Commitment to adhere to the program of activities during the time of the fellowship
Application Deadline (last date to apply online) April 19th, 2019
Eligibility Deadline (last date to complete at least 21 days of the online Self-Development Program) May 14th, 2019
After completing 21 days of the self-development program, the Peace Revolution selection committee will make an interview appointment based on your performance, the strength of your application, available funding, as well as group combinations in each fellowship. There is no need to write a request for an interview. If you are qualified, we will contact you.
For further information, contact: Carol Kgomotso – the fellowship manager: firstname.lastname@example.org