Every year CIMI (Centre International de Mathématiques et d’Informatique) in Toulouse provides a number of fellowships for students enrolled in a Master course in Mathematics or Computer Science in one of the programs associated with CIMI.
2 fellowships for students starting on the first year of a Master’s degree M1 and 6 fellowships for those starting on the second year of a Master’s degree M2 will be available.
The level of funding will be competitive and sufficient to cover tuition fees and part of living expenses in Toulouse :
- 600€ per month over 10 months for applicants starting in the first year M1
- 1 000€ per month over 10 months for applicants starting in the second year M2
Eligibility criteria :
Those fellowships are open, on a competitive basis, to French and foreign students and awarded on the basis of the quality of the academic records.
First year (M1) applicants: Applicants must have obtained a degree corresponding to the European Bachelor’s degree.
Second year (M2) applicants : Applicants must have successfully completed the first year of a European Master’s degree, or an American Bachelor’s degree, or any equivalent level.
The CIMI LabEx applies an equal opportunity policy in selection.
IMPORTANT : Students applying for a Master course combining work and training (“formation en alternance”) are not eligible for CIMI fellowships.
Application process :
Online application by using the following form. You can apply till Sunday 3th of February 2019 (22.00 Paris time)
REQUESTED DOCUMENTS :
1. Curriculum Vitae (max. 2 pages)
2. Details of the grades obtained at University from the 1st year to present
3. Details of the courses attended in the year 2017-2018
4. Two recommendation letters : do not forget to mention (step 4 of the application process) the e-mail address of the professors wishing to send recommendation letters. They will receive an automatic e-mail to upload their letter.
5. Applicant’s motivation letter : applicants for a Master 2 fellowship MUST clearly state in their letter the M2 programme (M2R, IMAT,…) they are applying for.
6. Information about current level of French language skills (only applies to foreign students from non French speaking countries applying for a M1 fellowship). All Master 1 courses will be taught in French (apart from the Computer Science Master for Aerospace).
Please note that the applicant is responsible for making sure his application is complete prior to the closing date. Fully completed applications only will be examined.
Selection process :
Fellowships applications will be examined by the LabEx CIMI Executive Committee and Prospective Committee. Grants will be awarded on the basis of the quality of the academic records.