Open for applications until December 12th
- Application period: 15 October to 12 December 2018, for the academic year 2019/2020.
- About 12 scholarships will be offered.
The aim of the Swedish-Turkish Scholarship Programme is to facilitate closer links between Turkey and the European Union, and to contribute to sustainable social development in the region in line with the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, and with special focus on strengthened democracy, respect for human rights and the rule of law.
Thematically the programme prioritizes the following Sustainable Development Goals:
- SEK 18,000 monthly grant for living expenses for PhD students and university lecturers
- SEK 21,000 monthly grant for living expenses for postdocs and senior researchers
- Travel grant of SEK 5,000
- Insurance for the scholarship holder and accompanying family members
- Membership in the SI Network for Future Global Leaders (NFGL)
Note that the scholarship is designed to cover living costs for the scholarship holder. There are no grants for family members. No funding for bench fees is provided.
Only citizens of Turkey are eligible for the scholarship programme.
Applicants on PhD level must be enrolled in PhD studies outside of Sweden.
The scholarship is available only for studies and research within the field of social sciences.
Applicants on postdoctoral or senior research level must be holders of a PhD degree.
Research proposals related to the aims and thematic framework of the scholarship programme will be prioritized. Also, for PhD students, priority will be given to students enrolled in PhD programmes in Turkey.
There are some exceptions that might make you ineligible for the scholarship.
Available scholarship periods
1 September 2019–29 February 2020 (6 months)
1 January 2020–30 June 2020 (6 months)
1 September 2019–31 May 2020 (9 months)
1 January 2020–30 September 2020 (9 months)
1 September 2019–31 August 2020 (12 months)
1 January 2020–31 December 2020 (12 months)