The institute Silicon Photovoltaics is looking for Postdoctoral scientist (f/m) in the field of Physics, Electrical Engineering, Material Sciences or Chemistry
Reference No.: EE 2018/37
Research at the Institute of Silicon Photovoltaics deals with 2D materials for energy technologies such as photovoltaics and nanostructured materials which include plasmonic structures synthesized at the electron storage ring BESSY II and characterized by modern methods.
- Research in the field of complex 2D material synthesis, especially chemical vapor deposition (CVD)
- Characterization of the nano-pattern of samples using XPS, TEM, and other laboratory-based methods
- Focus on design of plasmonic structures
- Developing Micro photocurrent studies
- Presentations at national and international conferences, publications in international journals
- Completed PhD in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Material Sciences or Chemistry
- Good knowledge in solid-state and semiconductor physics
- Experience of setting up CVD system are desirable
- Experience with laboratory-based characterization methods
- Experience with photocurrent measurements
- Very good English skills
What we offer
Fixed term contract for 24 months . The salary is based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund).
We particularly welcome applications from women. Preference will be given to handicapped applicants provided equal suitability.
How to apply
Have we sparked your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your application by 03.12.2018.
For German version, please click on the following link: German Version.Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH