At the Abdulla Al Ghurair Foundation for Education we are committed to your futures and are here to provide you with all the necessary help every step of the way to ensure your success.
Get the cost of your program or credential covered after successfully completing it
Connect with and exchange experiences with Al Ghurair Scholars from around the region
ARIZONA STATE UNIVERSITY (ASU) ONLINE MASTER’S DEGREES
Arizona State University (ASU), one of our partner universities and a leader in online learning, was recently ranked in 2018 as the most innovative university in the United States (US News and World Report, 2018). It offers over 50 online master’s programs across a range of fields. The Foundation is now offering scholarships for 29 different specializations, spanning the fields of engineering, technology, health, education, tourism, and more as part of the Al Ghurair Open Learning Scholars Program.
Click here for more information about ASU’s offerings, the list of academic programs we support, and to request more information about the program from ASU.
The Foundation offers full scholarships for a range of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) and other degrees relevant to the Arab region for Arab youth who fulfill our eligibility criteria (described below). Interested students are requested to complete our online application on our student portal. However, in order to gain the scholarships, students must (1) apply to and receive an acceptance from ASU to one of the Foundation’s supported online master’s programs, and (2) apply to and receive an acceptance to the Al Ghurair Open Learning Scholars Program.
The Scholarship covers the total cost of university tuition and other mandatory university fees for the master’s degree for up to a period of 3 years. The program also offers scholars a number of opportunities provided both through the university and/or through the Foundation. These include:
- Access to a network of Al Ghurair Scholars around the world
- Academic advising, career counseling and mentorship
In order to be eligible to apply for the Al Ghurair Open Learning Scholars Program at Arizona State University, you must be:
- An Arab citizen – you must hold no other passport. Preference is given to residents of the Arab world for at least 12 years.
- Below 30 years old
- Academically high-achieving – you must have a cumulative GPA of no less than 3.0 in your bachelor’s degree (or 85%). Students with a master’s degree are not eligible for this program.
- Require financial support – you must be willing and able to show proof of your financial need in your application
DATES & DEADLINES
Students are invited to submit applications to the Al Ghurair Open Learning Scholars Program scholarship at any time. We select a group of scholars to enter one of ASU’s master programs three times a year.
|ASU Start Date||AGFE Scholarship Application Cycle|
|Fall B 2018 or Spring 2019||June 19 – July 31, 2018|
|Summer 2019||September 2 – November 4, 2018|
|Fall 2019 or later||November 25, 2018 onwards|
Please check back for more detailed information on dates and deadlines.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE AL GHURAIR OPEN LEARNING SCHOLARS PROGRAM?
- Read and understand all the requirements to complete your scholarship application for the Al Ghurair Open Learning Scholars Program at ASU found on the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page, by clicking on the “Have Questions” link at the bottom of this page
- Prepare your required documents for your application. The list of required documents are listed in the FAQ section.
- Attend an online information session during each of our application cycles to learn more about the program. To register, click here.
- Create a profile on the Foundation’s Student Portal, which can be accessed by clicking on the “Ready to Apply” link at the bottom of this page
- Create and complete your Al Ghurair OLS Program application
- Apply for the ASU Online Master’s Degree of your choice as soon as possible. Please make sure that it is a program that is supported by the Foundation by clicking here.
- Wait to receive an email from us about the status of your application
MITX MICROMASTERS IN SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
What is the MITx MicroMasters in Supply Chain Management?
The MicroMasters in Supply Chain from MITx is an advanced, professional, graduate-level foundation in Supply Chain Management. It represents the equivalent of 1 semester’s worth of coursework at MIT.
The MITx MicroMasters credential consists of five intensive on-line courses covering all aspects of logistics and supply chain management along with an in-person or online, proctored comprehensive final exam. It is important to also note that the MicroMasters is NOT a degree-granting program nor is it a guarantee of admissions to MIT or the SCM graduate program. It is a separate stand-alone professional certificate.
The blended master’s degree in SCM is a new option that is being developed by MIT that would allow learners to combine the MITx MicroMasters credential with one+ semester at MIT. Learners with the MITx MicroMasters credential in SCM can then apply to MIT for the blended SCM master’s degree (or to one of the universities that accept the MicroMaster’s credential as partial credit). They must also fulfill all of the prerequisites, which are detailed here. This new program would require the successful applicant to com
- British Columbia MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program (Undergraduate and Postgraduate)
The University of British Columbia is pleased to partner with The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program…
- University of Michigan African Presidential Scholars Program
The U-M African Presidential Scholars (UMAPS) Program brings early career faculty from African universities to Ann…
- The Yale Young African Scholars Program 2019 application is now open! Apply today!
The Yale Young African Scholars Program (YYAS) is an intensive academic and enrichment program designed…
- Fulbright Foreign Student Program
The Fulbright Foreign Student Program enables graduate students, young professionals and artists from abroad to…
- 2019 Endeavour Leadership Program
Applications for the 2019 round of the Endeavour Leadership Program are now open. Applications will close…
- AlThuraya MENA Scholarship Program
AlThuraya MENA Program will issue scholarships to outstanding students determined to specialize and advance the state…
- African Changemakers Fellowship Program
African ChangeMakers Fellowship Program (#ACFellowship) selects impressive African visionaries between the ages 25-40 years to…
- IMF Research Assistant Program
The Research Assistant Program (RAP) is open to recently graduated BA students from leading universities…
- Young Fellows Program
Recent college graduates spend 11 months working with key staff members at FCNL to build…
- Young Scientists Summer Program
Since 1977, IIASA’s annual 3-month Young Scientists Summer Program (YSSP) offers research opportunities to talented…