There are three scholarships available to academically strong individuals from developing countries. Each scholarship offers the following:
- A full tuition fee waiver
- Maintenance for University accommodation and a monthly stipend
- You must hold an offer for one of the following courses to study at the University of Sheffield in 2019 by Tuesday 30 April 2019:
• MA Cities and Global Development
• MA International Development
• MSc in Environmental Change and International Development
• MPH in International Development
• MSc in International Social Change and Policy
• MA Global and Political Economy
• MA International Politics
• MA in Social Research
- You must be classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
- You must be self-funded to receive this award, i.e. not funded by a research council, government, private enterprise, charity or any similar organisation.
- This scholarship cannot be awarded in conjunction with any other funding awards, either from the University of Sheffield or external sources.
- Your mode of attendance must be full time.
- You must begin your studies at the University of Sheffield in 2019. This scholarship cannot be deferred.
- Receipt of the scholarship is subject to successfully meeting any condition(s) attached to your offer before the deadline provided by the Admissions Service.
- Receipt of the scholarship is subject to successfully receiving a visa to study at the University in September 2019.
- You must be a national of, or permanently domiciled, in one of the following countries or territories:
Central African Republic
Democratic People’s Republic of Korea
Democratic Republic of the Congo
Lao People’s Democratic Republic
Papua New Guinea
Sao Tome and Principe
Syrian Arab Republic
West Bank and Gaza Strip
How to apply
You will be automatically considered for the scholarship if you receive an offer to study one of the eligible courses and you are a national of, or permanently domiciled in, one of the eligible countries or territories.
Your course application will be assessed by a panel of academic judges to decide whether you will progress to the final stage of the application process.
Please use our postgraduate online application system to submit your application for an eligible course.
If you are selected for the final stage of the application process we will contact you by Friday 24 May 2019. At this point we may ask you to submit a short personal statement to support your application.
If you do not receive an email by Friday 24 May 2019 asking you to submit a personal statement for the Allan & Nesta Ferguson Scholarship you have not been selected for this award.
The final decision for those asked to submit an application will be made by the end of June.
If you have any questions about this award please email firstname.lastname@example.org