The World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are currently seeking to fill an internship position with the WFP Ethics Office. The position will be based at WFP Headquarters in Rome, Italy. The Internship will be for a period of 8 months starting from January 2019.
The selected candidate will report to the Director of the Ethics Office and will be supporting the Ethics Office as follows:
- Assist in the preparation of relevant communications materials;
- Provide updated content with pictures and graphics;
- Review and apply understandings of existing policies, processes and data;
- Compile and synthetize information, ensuring quality and coherent input that will contribute to the revision of policies and processes;
- Conduct internal and external research and interact with internal experts;
- Meticulously edit and proof work product; and
- Provide assistance to other projects in the Ethics Office.
- Currently enrolled or have recently graduated (in the past six months) from a University with a degree in Law, Ethics, Compliance, International or Public Affairs;
- Have completed at least two years of undergraduate study;
- Have attended university courses in the last 12 months;
- Proficiency in MsOffice (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Strong writing and editing skills in English; and
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
Other Preferred Qualifications
- Working knowledge of another official UN language;
- Experience working with communications materials, and
- Project management skills.
Terms and Conditions:
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the maximum amount of US$1000 per month depending on the duty station of assignment.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, necessary visas and related costs.
- WFP will reimburse travel ticket for candidates who are nationals of developing countries and are pursuing their studies in their home country.
- WFP will recognize candidates’ educational credentials from recognised institutions that have been certified by competent international or national authorities such as the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) or Ministries of Education.
- Candidates who bear any of the following relations to WFP staff members are not eligible to apply: sons, daughters, brothers or sisters.
Closing date: 23 November 2017