The Center for Global Development, an independent, non-partisan think tank in Washington, DC, seeks an Institutional Advancement Associate to support all strategic and functional aspects of CGD’s fundraising activities. As a member of the Institutional Advancement team, overall responsibilities include prospect research, grant writing, reporting, and donor relationship management across all areas of the Center’s work to help the organization meet its annual fundraising objectives.
- Coordinate with research staff to produce grant reports and proposals (including program budgets) that align with CGD funding priorities;
- Assist with tracking, coordinating, and reporting on CGD research and associated activities;
- Administer donor stewardship efforts and carry out activities associated with foundation, bilateral, corporate, and individual donor relationships, as well as with the Board of Directors;
- Conduct prospect research to develop pipelines for CGD programs through research and communication with senior management, and craft solicitations for those prospects;
- Maintain and manage electronic and hard filing systems, including CGD’s Salesforce grant management and contacts database;
- Lead coordination, production, and implementation of in-house fundraising mailings;
- Assist in fundraising event planning and implementation, serving as an ambassador to CGD at various private and public events;
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess a combination of the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of direct experience in fundraising
- Excellent written English usage, grammar, and punctuation
- Superb interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, and etiquette
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple and changing priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Self-motivated, collaborative, outstanding time management skills and hardworking
- Friendly and flexible team player attitude; a willingness to pitch into all projects and tasks
- Knowledge of and commitment to CGD mission, vision, and values
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
The following skills are preferred, but not required:
- Master’s degree in nonprofit management or related field
- Experience with Salesforce or other database management skills
- Experience with foundation relations and grants management
- Familiarity with financial management and budgeting
- An eye for and an interest in marketing, nonprofit management, and business development
How to Apply
Applicants should send a short cover letter and resume. No phone calls, please.
CGD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age or sexual orientation shall have equal access to positions, limited only by their ability to do the job. Finalist will be subject to a background verification as a condition of a job offer. To be considered, applicants must have the right to live and work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor work authorization for this position.