Politheor is accepting applications for interns who will be supporting the op-ed team over the course of four months. The internships are online-based, with both training and mentoring offered online.
Politheor is a European policy platform that brings together policy analysts to enhance the quality of European public policy discussions. Its goal is to promote and support talent in public policy analysis. Politheor’s Advisory and Editorial board bring together experts affiliated to some of the top education and policy institutions in Europe. Politheor also organizes trainings in policy writing, and promotes knowledge acquisition among the next generation of policy specialists. Politheor has been featured in major media outlets such as Huffington Post, EURACTIV and Al Jazeera English.
ELIGIBILITY AND PROFILE
We encourage motivated senior students and recent graduates in Public policy, Political Science, International Relations, Environmental policy, Media Studies etc. to apply. Graduates in other fields who demonstrate interest in public policy are also welcome to apply.
Successful candidates must be able to:
– Meet strict deadlines while providing quality content.
– Speak fluent English, with excellent written skills.
– Demonstrate strong analytical capacity and ability to discern policy issues.
– Show willingness to learn and cooperate.
– Prove interest and expertise in one of the relevant policy areas (see below)
Previous experience is a plus, but not a necessary condition.
– The internships will last 4 months.
– Selected candidates’ primary task will be supporting the op-ed section by writing one policy-related op-ed of 700-800 words each month.
– Op-ed topics will necessarily relate to one of the following policy areas which, at the same time, form op-ed sections:
- International Relations and Global Affairs
- Economic and Social Policy
- EU Governance and Politics
- Environment and Energy,
- Human Rights and Migration,
- International Trade
- Financial Policy and International Markets
- Digital Policy and Internet Governance
– Each intern will be assigned to one policy area and usually one mentor, depending on the demonstrated interest and knowledge.
– Interns will receive training and instructions in writing op-eds to meet the professional requirements of Politheor. This training combined with the overall experience can prove useful in future careers.
– Students who have mandatory internships to complete are welcome to apply. We are occasionally able to make arrangements in order to meet school requirements.
– All internships are completely home-based (online), part-time, and unpaid.
BENEFITS AND OPPORTUNITIES
– Every intern who successfully finishes the internship will receive an Internship Certificate.
– Interns will enhance their experience and proficiency in writing policy-related op-eds, through experience, training and mentoring.
– Those who complete their internships satisfactorily will receive preferential treatment when applying for projects and events organised by Politheor and Centre for Policy Writing, our partner organization.
– The possibility of future employment in the Politheor network.
– Great opportunity to publish and promote your work.
– Opportunity for networking in a fast-growing European Public Policy Center
Send your CV along with an English language writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject of the e-mail must include the policy area/op-ed section you are applying for.
Applications without proper indication of the policy area in the Subject field will not be considered.
Application Deadline: November 15 2018.