The PFP trains highly talented early-career scientists for leadership positions in health and environment research. It includes an individual career development plan, coaching and mentoring, support in grant applications, travel grants and joint training modules.
The research subjects for the 2018 application round can be found here.
Please submit your completed application form only via the online application platform. The submission deadline is November 30, 2018.
To apply for the Postdoctoral Fellowship Program, please proceed as follows:
- Register with the online application platform by entering your title, academic title, first and last name, email address and a login name of your choice.
- Check your email account and log in at the application platform with the provided password. Please change the password immediately.
- Fill in the application form and upload your documents as pdf files. You can save your application form during the application period. Submission of your application is only possible if all required fields and documents marked with * are filled in or uploaded. Non-required fields and documents are optional but we recommend that you fill in and upload all of these fields. The more information you provide, the better we will be able to assess your application.
- Once all information has been filled in, click the “Preview and submit” button. Check the preview of your application and click the button again to finally submit your application. Afterwards you will not be able to change your application, but you will be able to check the status of your reference letters.
- Contact your referees and make sure that they provide their reference letters via the application portal one week after the application deadline at the latest.
We recommend submitting your application early. If you have problems filling in your application, you may contact us for advice via email@example.com. Please understand that we cannot respond to these requests in the last 14 days of the application period.
After the application period we will check whether your application is formally admissible and will inform you on the formal acceptance of your application.
Please understand that we only accept complete applications submitted via the online application platform. Please do not send written applications. We are not able to process them and they will not be returned.
To be eligible for the program, applicants
- must have received a doctoral degree in biological sciences, chemistry, bioinformatics, physics, mathematics, veterinary or human medicine or related life sciences within the last 3 years*
- must be fluent in written and spoken English and
- must not have been recruited to the Center for more than 6 months.
*Parental leave of up to two years can be acknowledged. Graduate students may only apply if their doctoral thesis has already been handed in and if they will receive their doctoral degree by the start of work at the Center.
Applications may only be submitted via the online application platform. All entries on the application form must be in English. Documents shall be uploaded. We will accept certificates in English and German.
The following documents must be uploaded as pdf files (max. size of all uploads is 4 MB):
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) including your personal details, current position, education, interest, experience, skills: not longer than 2 pages
- List of publications and presentations
- Certificates: doctoral degree, bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, diploma etc.
- Certificate of proficiency in English (recommended for non-native speakers)
The following documents must be entered in the description fields:
- Research project proposal for up to 3 research subjects, list of project-related publications and motivation for each research subject: altogether up to 9000 characters including spaces
- Letter of motivation regarding your interest in doing a postdoc at Helmholtz Zentrum München and your participation in the Postdoctoral Fellowship Program as well as your interest in pursueing a scientific career: up to 4000 characters including spaces