There are a number of scholarships for qualified students who will attend an international master’s and PhD programme at the University of Högskolevägen and who are liable for tuition fees.
1. UHR Scholarships for master’s students
The University of Skövde administrates some scholarships funded by the Swedish Council for Higher Education (UHR) to students liable to pay tuition fees attending a Master’s programme at our University. The scholarships are partial tuition fee waivers (50% of the tuition fee). The amount will be automatically deducted from the tuition fee when you receive your invoice. The scholarships are granted for one academic semester.
Conditions: UHR Scholarships can be extended to a subsequent academic semester provided that the student’s study results are satisfactory. The scholarship granting criterion is academic merit. The scholarships can only be awarded to tuition-paying students. Please note that you have to be able to finance the remainder of the tuition fee yourself, and to cover all the living expenses during your stay in Sweden. UHR Scholarships are awarded prior to the commencement of a Master’s programme.
How to apply for UHR Scholarships at the University of Skövde
- Citizens of a country outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland.
- Generally students can only be awarded a UHR scholarship if a master’s programme at the University of Skövde is chosen as first priority.
- You must meet the entrance requirements for the programme you applied to and application fee and supporting documents must have been received before deadline to University Admissions.
- You should fill out a motivation letter when submitting the UHR scholarship online application. Scholarship applications without a motivation letter will not be considered.
- The master’s programme must be delivered on campus.
- The criteria for awarding a UHR scholarship are good academic merits and the motivation letter. Criteria can also be other qualifications that are judged to be in line with educational or research areas as well as geographic location which the University of Skövde gives priority to in accordance with its internationalization strategy.
- Attention: If you are already admitted or enrolled as a master’s student at the University of Skövde, you are not currently eligible to apply for UHR Scholarships. These scholarships are awarded prior to the commencement of a master’s programme.
Documentation to be sent:
- No extra documents need to be sent. The University of Skövde will use documentation you submit with your master’s programme application on http://www.universityadmissions.se.
- Your application number from http://www.universityadmissions.se must be informed on the UHR scholarship application form.
- Your motivation letter should be filled out in the scholarship application form.
The UHR scholarship application for the AUTUMN 2019 admission is open. Application deadline: 1 February 2019
2. Other types of scholarships, grants and loans for international students
2.1. Scholarships offered by the Swedish Institute
The Swedish Institute (SI) offers a range of scholarships for master’s students coming to study in Sweden. The SISS scholarships cover both living costs and tuition fees
For more information about SI’s scholarships, please contact the Swedish Institute directly.
- The Swedish Institute Study Scholarships (SISS)
- The Swedish Institute Study Scholarships for South Africa
- Visby Programme Scholarships
2.2. Visby Programme for PhD students and researchers
The Swedish Institute (SI) Visby Programme offers scholarships for the year 2019/2020 for highly qualified PhD students and postdoctoral researchers from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russia and Ukraine.
For more information, please check this file or contact the Swedish Institute directly.
2.3. Erasmus+ Master’s Loans
Erasmus+ Master Loans allow students to apply for financial support for their Master’s studies abroad. Loans will be offered by participating banks and student loan agencies on favorable conditions to mobile students, including better than market interest rates and up to two years to allow graduates to get into a job before beginning repayment. The loan scheme is being established in cooperation with the European Investment Fund (Part of the EIB Group) and will be gradually rolled out across the Erasmus+ programme countries over the first few years of the programme. At the moment, students from Spain and France can apply for financial support through the Erasmus Master Loan scheme for their master’s studies abroad.
The scheme is already available through banks in Spain, France, UK and Turkey. Students living in these countries can apply for an Erasmus+ Master Loan with the banks listed below.
Who can apply?
Higher education students who have been accepted for a full master’s study programme in another Erasmus+ Programme country can apply for a loan to contribute to their costs. Your destination country must be different from your country of residence, and from that where you obtained your Bachelor’s degree.
How much can be borrowed?
Up to €12,000 for a one-year master’s programme or up to €18,000 for a two-year master’s programme.
Students should apply directly to participating banks or student loan agencies:
2.4. Scholarships for exchange students from the EU, EEA and Switzerland
If you are an exchange student, please contact your home university for information about which scholarships they provide. The University of Skövde is part of the Erasmus Programme, which means that if the University of Skövde has a bilateral Erasmus agreement with your home institution, then you might be able to study here with an Erasmus grant. We encourage you to pursue this option, since the Erasmus scholarships are often very generous.
2.5. Other Scholarships
Find scholarships offered by various organisations and foundations around the world. Information: here
3. Scholarships for Bachelor’s students
Unfortunately the University of Skövde does not have scholarships available for bachelor’s students.
Please check scholarhip possibilities in your home country or scholarships offered by various organisations around the world (check 2.4 above).
4. Opportunities for students currently studying at the University of Skövde
4.1. Erasmus+ Traineeship
Erasmus+ supports traineeships (work placements, internships, etc.) abroad for students currently registered at the University of Skövde at bachelor’s and master’s levels as well as for doctoral candidates. These opportunities are also open to recent graduates. For information please check here.