WHO MAY ENTER?
• Individuals who are between 18 to 35 years old; AND
• Have citizenship to any country in Africa
WHAT IS THE QUALIFYING CRITERIA FOR ENTERING YOUR INNOVATION?
YOUR INNOVATION SHOULD ADDRESS THESE KEY AREAS:
1. Energy Security: Can your innovation help with effective management of energy supply, reliability of energy infrastructure, or meet a specific set of current and future demands?
2. Environmental Sustainability: Does your innovation provide clean renewable or low carbon supply energy?
3. Energy Equity: Can your innovation improve accessibility and affordability of energy in Africa?
4. Job creation: Could your innovation create jobs?
5. Target customers: Who is the innovation going to benefit? For example Utilites / Rural communities / Corporates etc.?
6. Customer value: What are the key benefits of your innovation to customers?
7. Your unique value proposition: How will you differentiate and position yourself?
WHY SHOULD YOU ENTER YOUR ENERGY INNOVATION?
• The winner will receive the Best Innovator Award and will be recognized at the Africa Energy Indaba 2019 in Johannesburg.
• The Top-5 finalists will each receive an opportunity to showcase their Innovation in a 2-day Exhibition during the Africa Energy Indaba. All expenses paid (flights, accommodation, Exhibition Stand, free media coverage of your innovation).
This will provide the following benefits:
– Publicity and exposure of the winning innovations to local and international market opportunities
– Access to exclusive Business Matchmaking networking programme to meet with potential investors
– Opportunity to meet key public and private sector stakeholders
– The possibility of attracting funding or sponsorship
WHEN CAN YOU ENTER?
The deadline for submissions is 04 January 2019 (midnight GMT+2). No late entries will be accepted after the close date.