The European Council on Foreign Relations (ECFR) is seeking an intern to support one of its flagship European research and advocacy projects, starting in November 2018. The intern will join the project team at ECFR’s Berlin office and support the collection and processing of quantitative data to help prepare the analysis, publication, and advocacy events of two major studies on cohesion and cooperation in the European Union. We are looking for a candidate keen to develop his or her research skills, with a hand for data wrangling, stubborn attention to detail, and interest in European affairs and policy.
- Reporting to: Project Manager
- Closing date: October 18, 2018
- Location: Berlin
- Salary: €450.00 per month
- Assist with the collection of quantitative data, e.g. from public databases, statistical offices, research institutions, etc.
- Help process and structure large amounts of quantitative data for later analysis and visualisation
- Assist with the organisation and implementation of high-level advocacy events such as seminars, briefings, public debates, etc.
- Support the day-to-day coordination and administration of the project
- Update the project contact database to ensure accuracy of all relevant records
- Other general responsibilities may be reasonably requested over time
- Current student – we do not offer internships for M.A. graduates
- Solid experience working with data in MS Excel and familiarity with basic descriptive statistics
- Well-organized and able to multi-task
- Ability to work independently and with focus on accuracy and detail in a fast paced office environment
- Fluency in German and English
- Understanding of international relations and knowledge of the European Union
You must be available full-time starting in November 2018 for three months, 40 hours/week. The exact starting date is flexible and can be discussed in the interview. Please send a one page covering letter with ref: PROJECT INTERN BERLIN 2018 in the subject line via the apply link on our website www.ecfr.eu
Please restrict your CV to no more than one page of A4. Candidates must have permission to work in the EU.
Due to the large volume of candidates applying for positions within ECFR we will only be able to respond the applicants who have been shortlisted.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE