The British Council is looking for individuals or organisations with a demonstrable track-record in devising and delivering skills programmes to:
- provide an in-depth assessment of the skills needs in the cultural heritage sector in Kenya (e.g. museums, archives and libraries)
- design and deliver a pilot skills programme (informed by the initial assessment)
Focusing on inventory, archiving and curating skills to ‘tell our own stories’, the programme should offer skills and knowledge to at least 300 cultural and creative professionals, young people, and those who seek cultural heritage as their career.
Trainings will take place both within and outwith Nairobi.
The British Council is seeking a collaboration between the UK and Kenya, with representatives from both countries taking part in the assessment and the design and delivery of the skills programme.
See below for further details on eligibility.
The closing date for applications is 17 September 2018.
- This opportunity is open to individuals or organisations in the UK and/or Kenya with a demonstrable track-record in devising and delivering skills programmes.
- We are seeking partnership applications from UK and Kenyan individuals/organisations. We will also accept applications from individuals/organisations from either the UK or Kenya, but applicants must be prepared to be partnered with an individual/organisation in the respective country by the British Council.
- Applicants must have a demonstrable track-record in devising and delivering skills programmes which include inventory, archiving, curating and storytelling to benefit all levels of society.
- Applicants with international experience will be prioritised.
How to apply
- For more information please visit the information page on the tender portal .
- To apply for this opportunity and to download all of the documents you must register on the British Council tender portal here.
- The closing date for this opportunity is midnight, 17 September 2018.
- Please email any questions to Maureen.Anzaye@britishcouncil.or.ke The deadline for clarification questions is 31st August 2018, please email
- We are also hosting a session on Friday 24 August from 11am – 1pm Kenya time/9am – 11 am BST to talk over any questions potential applicant’s may have. The link to the chat is: https://zoom.us/j/3180044902.