The MacAllister Scholarship is a scholarship program providing full tuition to the selected recipient. Pershing E. MacAllister, a 1940 graduate of Carroll University, is a longtime and generous supporter of Carroll University. He has served on the board of trustees since 1963 and was the board’s chairman from 1977-1994.
Deadline: Jan. 4, 2019
Amount of scholarship
The recipient of the MacAllister Scholarship will receive a full-tuition benefit each year for four years. This benefit, in combination with any state or federal grants the recipient is eligible for, cannot exceed the cost of tuition. The recipient is not eligible for additional Carroll scholarships or grants. Finalists (excluding the recipient) will be awarded a $1,000 per year Excellence Award in addition to the merit scholarship.
Conditions of eligibility
- The applicant must be a high school senior who has been accepted to Carroll University as a full-time student for fall 2019.
- The recipient of the MacAllister Scholarship must maintain a 3.0 GPA in all accredited courses.
Conditions of competition
- All application materials must be received on or before Friday, Jan. 4, 2019.
- The applicant must possess an outstanding academic record from high school and show strong potential for the same high achievement at the college level. Extracurricular activities and leadership experiences will also be considered.
- Ten to twelve finalists will be selected by the scholarship committee for a mandatory on-campus interview. Finalists must be in attendance on Saturday, Feb. 23, 2019, to be eligible for the scholarship.
- The recipient will be selected by a Scholarship Selection Committee after careful review of the credentials of all candidates.