- Length: 6 weeks
- Effort: 8-10 hours per week
- Price: FREE
Add a Verified Certificate for $149 USD
- Institution: ANUx
- Subject: Business & Management
- Level: Intermediate
- Languages: English
- Video Transcripts: English
MicroMasters Program: Evidence-Based Management
Students are required to have completed EBM01x – Evidence Based Practice in Management. It is also recommended that students complete EBM06x – Evidence Based Technology Management prior to taking this course. This course is a graduate level course that assumes an undergraduate degree level understanding in a non-cognate area.
About this course
Project management has emerged as a critical organizational capability in recent years. In parallel with this increased prominence has been the emergence of the “professional project manager,” supported by a sophisticated suite of project management tools and techniques.
Evidence-based project management will evaluate the accumulated data, evidence and research in support of different project management strategies, tools and techniques.
The critical thinking abilities, knowledge and decision-making skills developed in this course are particularly valuable for project managers, emergent leaders, and established managers.
This course is part of the Evidence-Based Management MicroMasters Program.
What you’ll learn
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Identify the role of project management in organizational innovation.
- Determine innovative strategies to address organizational opportunities and problems relating to projects.
- Gauge the quality of available evidence in the domain of project management, and use this evidence to inform an effective course of action.
- Recognize the organizational, social and ethical implications associated with different project management strategies.
- Develop a portfolio approach to realize organizational and strategic benefits from projects.