The Young Professionals Programme (YPP) aims to improve the geographical representation of the Secretariat, promote gender parity at international professional level, create an enhanced pool of young civil servants, enriching and diversifying UNESCO. The YPP provides young university graduates and young qualified professionals from non- and under-represented Member States an opportunity to join UNESCO at the early stage of their professional career.
YPP 2018 is now launched. UNESCO will receive qualified candidatures from the UNESCO’s NATIONAL COMMISSION of non- and under-represented Member States. Interested candidates are welcome to contact their relevant NATCOM to apply for the Programme.
Who are we looking for?
- Nationality: non- or under-represented Member State at UNESCO. (Please consult the current geographical distribution click here).
- Age: 32 years maximum. Candidates must be born not i.e. born not before 1st January 1986
- Education: an advanced university degree in education, culture, science, social and human sciences or communication, or in a field related to the management and administration of an international organization.
- Languages: fluent English or French. Knowledge of both working languages is an asset. Knowledge of Spanish, Russian, Arabic or Chinese is an additional asset.
- Experience: initial professional experience is an asset, but not mandatory.
- Values: Integrity, professionalism, respect for diversity and a strong commitment to the UNESCO mission.