Research Fellowship Programme aims to encourage international researchers and academics to work with Turkish academics on collaborative researches in Turkey and contribute to the development of the international scientific interaction between researchers.
Research areas can be in social sciences, humanities and sciences. Applicants are required to state the specific research topic in the application.
Research proposals that has been conducted previously by the applicant or the advisor will not be accepted.
Academic competence of the applicant, scientific/academic value of the research proposal and its feasibility are taken into consideration in the evaluation process. Also, the proposed research subject’s contribution to applicant’s career development, his/her country and host institution are evaluated.
Applications for Research Fellowship Programme are open all year round. Applications are received online in four periods. Applicants may submit their applications throughout the year. Applicants are informed about the results by e-mail.
Winning candidates have to declare that they accept the fellowship and its conditions within a month and start their research in Turkey within three months.
The periods for application and announcement of the results are stated below:
|Period||Application Dates||Announcement of the results|
|1||1 January – 31 March||April|
|2||1 April-30 June||July|
|3||1 July- 30 September||October|
|4||1 October-31 December||January|
Phd holders or PhD candidates who are citizens of countries other than Turkey may apply to the Research Fellowship Programme.
Candidates must have completed their PhD studies or be at the dissertation stage.
Also, it is essential that candidates have an official Acceptance / Invitation Letter from a university in Turkey for research.
(To have an Acceptance / Invitation Letter, researchers should contact the universities individually)
Other requirements are as follows:
– Being under 45 years old as of application date (preferably),
-For PhD students, being enrolled at a university doctoral program abroad and being at the dissertation stage,
-Having a PhD diploma for PhD holders,
-Certifying the language proficiency required for the research.
–IF personal data will be collected with the methods such as experiment, survey, focus group discussion, practice, having the “Ethics Committee Approval Certificate” from the Ethics Committee of the university;
–IF a study will be carried out on historical monuments and archeological sites with non-public information, documents from institutions and organizations, having “Legal Permit” taken from a related governmental institution,
AMOUNT OF THE GRANT
Monthly stipend is 3.000 TL. Fellowship does not include costs such as accommodation, insurance and tuition fee. If deemed appropriate by Research Fellowship Evaluation Committee, researcher’s academic activities (conferences, panels, symposiums, survey, field research, etc.) may be supported.
• Applications will be evaluated by Research Fellowship Evaluation Committee.
• Research Fellowship Programme is for a maximum of 12 months.
• Researchers conduct their researches under the guidance of an academic advisor from the Turkish university which candidates receive Acceptance / Invitation Letter.
• Grants will only be paid for the months the researchers stay in Turkey during the research period.
• Researches are tracked with reports that researchers prepare periodically and are evaluated by Research Fellowship Evaluation Committee.
• Researchers have to submit Final Report to Türkiye Scholarships Office at the end of their studies.
Click to apply: tbbs.turkiyeburslari.gov.tr
Türkiye Scholarships Office: T.C. Başbakanlık Yurtdışı Türkler ve Akraba Topluluklar Başkanlığı Mevlana Bulvarı No:145 Balgat Çankaya / ANKARA – TÜRKİYE
For information and requests:
- European Commission Research Fellowship
Do you want EU policies and laws to be informed by the best scientific evidence…
- ASC Leiden Research fellowship
The ASC Leiden hosts visiting research fellows in the framework of the Leiden African Studies Assembly…
- UNESCO/Japan Young Researchers’ Fellowship Programme (UNESCO/Keizo Obuchi Research Fellowships Programme)
UNESCO designed the project “UNESCO/Keizo Obuchi Research Fellowships Programme” (UNESCO/Japan Young Researchers’ Fellowship Programme) in…
- 2018 Biometrika Research Fellowship
The Biometrika Trust offers a 2 or 3 year research fellowship, for junior researchers in…
- UN Fellowship Programme for People of African Descent
The application process for the 2018 Fellowship Programme for people of African descent is now…