The Institute of Photonic Sciences (ICFO( is offering up to 15 PhD-fellowship positions to well-qualified graduate students, who wish to obtain a doctoral degree in any of the research fields covered at ICFO.
Our PhD-program brings together top-level training and teaching for young scientists, benefitting from the extensive course offerings of local universities and focused instruction by ICFO professors, in a stimulating, international and interdisciplinary environment. PhD-students have the opportunity to take advantage of our network of excellence, consisting in partners of national and international research institutes and universities, as well as industrial partners in the field.
Our International PhD Fellowship Program welcomes applications from individuals with a degree in a field of science and engineering related to the ICFO research activities.
Fellowships will be offered across all ICFO research groups in the following research topics:
- Biophysics & Biomedical Optics
- Optical Sensing, Optoelectronics & Photovoltaics
- Nonlinear Optics, Ultrafast Optics & Atto-Physics
- Nanophotonics, Optomechanics & Nanomechanics
- Experimental Quantum Optics & Quantum Information
- Theoretical Nanophotonics, Quantum Optics & Quantum Information
You will find more details about ICFO Research Groups and Group Leaders at https://icfo.eu/research. If you are interested in discussing possible research topics, please contact ICFO Group Leaders directly.
The positions are offered in the scope of several fellowship programs currently active within the ICFO International PhD Program:
- The ICFOstepstone Program, a Marie Sklowdowska-Curie-COFUND action under the European Union?s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme (GA 713729), awarding INCOMING Fellowships to outstanding graduate students.
- The Severo Ochoa PhD-fellowships funded by the Spanish Ministry of Innovation, Economy and Competitiveness.
- The FI-DGR PhD-Fellowships funded by the Generalitat of Catalonia.
In addition, internal ICFO PhD group positions might become available, for which we may retain candidates applying to this present call.