Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike, Inc. designs the future. At Nike, designers chase their curiosities and build what’s next, shaping the culture and advancing human potential. The Design teams include artists, inventors and specialists, all with different focuses, including color and material experts, and apparel, footwear and graphic designers. Nike designers look to the future, aggressively pursuing materials, ideas and forms that further elevate the athlete experience, raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact.
You might think of Nike as a sport and fitness brand — and we are. But at our core, Nike is a design company. We do the math and the art, the research and the refining, the conception and the crafting — everything that goes into creating great design for an entire world of sport.
You may also be interested in:
Individually, we are hundreds of creatives, from diverse experiences and design disciplines, creating the products, communication and experiences you see every day.
Together, we are a world-class design community like no other, open to innovative ideas and to those willing to expand the conversation—or start a new one.
Wonder if you’re one of them?
We do too.
As a Nike Design Intern, you’ll create or refresh existing designs that reflect Nike’s design philosophy and inspire targeted consumers. You will execute design projects with the intent that they will go to market. You’ll have the opportunity to research consumer/athlete and market needs based on a design brief. You also work on an individual design project that will culminate in a Design Gallery Show, and a cross-functional project that will be presented to Nike Executive Leadership at the end of the program.
We offer Design Internships in the following areas:
- Product/ Footwear Design
- Apparel Design
- Graphic Design
- Communication Design
- Color Design
- Retail Design
- Material Design
- Digital Design
In order to complete the application process, we need to receive a portfolio from you. The following information outlines the submission requirements.
- You must be a full-time graduate student concentrating in one of the following fields: Apparel/Fashion, Textile, Product, Interactive/Digital, Graphic or Architecture design
- Skilled at utilization of design programs, such as Adobe Creative Suite products
- Excellent communication, organizational and project management skills
- Ability to organize thoughts and project details under time constraints
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- To be considered, all applicants must submit a link to a portfolio site, or upload samples of work to go.nike.com/college. Portfolios cannot exceed 25 MB. Include a copy of your resume with your portfolio submission.
- Competitive portfolios will include examples of inspiration, concept development and story telling in addition to finished products/designs. Shock us, inspire us, and awe us with your story. We appreciate creativity and want to get to know you through your design.
Internships are open to students from around the world. However, if you require a visa, you will have to work with CIEE.org to obtain the necessary student visa required for work eligibility in the U.S.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID SRC-DESGI-Collegiate