Why join the course?
Every product that we use today is the result of a supply chain – a complex series of steps that turn raw materials into the final products we use and everything related with this. Managing these supply chains has become more and more a challenge, especially with all modern technologies and todays trends. The 24-hour economy, fast delivery of goods to your home, wanting to have customized products and of course the focus on sustainability are a few of these trends.
- How did global supply chain become what they are today?
- How can current information and communication technology (ICT) make supply chains more efficient?
- Which trends do we need to recognize and cope with?
- How can you implement sustainable supply chain innovations?
- And what impact will sensing technologies, such as the use of RFID, have on the supply chain?
We will look at examples from the food industry. Also, the building and construction supply chain will be discussed since it has a big impact. One out of three trucks is construction related so innovations applied on this chain can have a huge impact.
You’ll be encouraged to apply the knowledge you gain to your own product or industry (or a company and supply chain you’re interested in). You are invited to share your ideas for optimizing your supply chain with other learners.
Together with academics from the University of Twente and experts from industry, you’ll learn how to innovate supply chains. These instructors have vast experience in integrating ICT and extensive research in supply chain process optimization, innovation and management.
You may also be interested in:
What topics will you cover?
- Trends in global and sustainable supply chain innovation.
- The role of information and communication technology in the supply chain.
- Business process modelling concepts and chain integration.
- The Internet of Things.
- Supply chain innovations in construction industry.