Deadline: February 7, 2018
Main Responsibilities Analysis and drafting
- Identify, assemble, check and analyse international data, identifying relevant policy issues
- Take responsibility, as required, for drafting and quality control of chapter in reviews or thematic reports, synthesis reports of expert discussions, seminar proceedings, mission reports and consultants’ contributions, as well as inputs for working papers, country reviews, academic literature, monographs, thematic studies, press releases, speeches or background briefings, and ensure their timely and quality delivery.
- Ensure timeliness and a high level of analytical and editorial quality in the preparation and publication of OECD documents.
Project management and dissemination
- Assist in the planning and execution of case-study missions, meetings and workshops for national stakeholders as needed.
- Assist in identifying and recruiting external experts. Supervise the preparation, review and edit papers drafted by those experts.
- Design and implement proactive fundraising strategies to ensure the sustainability of the work.
- Contribute to the development of effective dissemination strategies for the outputs of the analytical work.
- Collaborate effectively with other colleagues and contribute, as required, to horizontal and multidisciplinary projects and other outputs of the CFE and the OECD.
- Keep abreast of new research, exploratory work and the policies on entrepreneurship emanating from governments, other international organisations, non-governmental organisations, universities and the private sector.
- Represent the OECD at international conferences and other events.
Ideal Candidate Profile Academic Background
- An advanced university degree in economics, social sciences or a related field.
- Knowledge of econometric methods; experience in using large (micro) data sets and education to PhD level would be assets for certain of these positions.
- At least three, preferably five years’ experience in applied policy analysis in the field of entrepreneurship and small business development, preferably acquired in a policy environment or research institution.
- International experience in research and analytical activities, through studies, internships or previous employment would be an asset.
- Experience in the use of relevant statistical software packags (e.g. Stata, R, etc.) would be an advantage for certain of these positions.
- Experience using tools for machine learning, geographic information systems (GIS) software, or other programming languages (e.g. Python) would be an asset for certain of these positions.
- Fluency in one of the two OECD official languages (English and French) and knowledge of the other, with a commitment to reach a good working level.
- Knowledge of other languages would be an asset.
- For this role, the following competencies would be particularly important: Achievement focus, Analytical thinking, Drafting skills, Teamwork, Client focus.
- Please refer to the level 3 indicators of the OECD Core Competencies.
Contract DurationOne- year fixed term appointment, with the possibility of renewal. What the OECD offers Depending on level of experience, monthly salary starts at either 5,800 EUR or 7,190 EUR, plus allowances based on eligibility, exempt of French income tax.Please note that the appointment may be made at a lower grade based on the qualifications and professional experience of the selected applicant. The OECD is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes the applications of all qualified candidates who are nationals of OECD member countries, irrespective of their racial or ethnic origin, opinions or beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, health or disabilities. The OECD promotes an optimal use of resources in order to improve its efficiency and effectiveness. Staff members are encouraged to actively contribute to this goal.