Why join the course?
This course considers the ways in which the food industry has evolved over the past 70 years and has created the industry of convenience we have today.
Introduced though a case study from Marks and Spencer, you will see how new innovations have changed the way we shop. You will also consider the issue of food waste; in a world where thousands suffer from malnutrition and starvation you’ll consider the attitudes in your own society to this global problem.
What topics will you cover?
- Key issues for innovation in the food retail sector
- Drivers and challenges for innovation specific to the food industry
- Case study: the ‘cold chain’ process at M&S
- Looking for solutions to the wicked problem of food waste
- Innovation and technology within the brewing process
You may also be interested in: